MS SQL Server Database Administrator
Functieomschrijving / Job description
The Data Excellence team is responsible for the lifecycle of Data, Business Intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT) related information systems.
We are responsible for the development of new applications, the continuous improvement of existing applications, as well as the day-to-day IS/IT support.
We work in close collaboration with other business and IT data teams.
We are part of CT-IS (Compressor Technique - Information Services), which delivers services to the Compressor Technique business area. The department operates from the Compressor Technique (CT) headquarters, which is located in Antwerp, Belgium. CT-IS was founded in 2003 and employs about +100 people.
- Design the future common data layer from a technical perspective (data, tools, technology, integration, servers, performance, fail-over, high-availability, backups, disks, ...) in order to enable CT business area to become a data driven organization (supporting enterprise and self-service reporting, data analytics/science, streaming data, data integration, ... both on-premise and in the cloud).
- Review and design individual database architectures for new CT applications.
- Review and audit database architectures proposed by third parties (suppliers, consultants, ...)
- Advise project teams on database technologies, systems and best practices
Maintenance and monitoring responsibilities
- Health check monitoring and recommendations : data integrity, servers, disks, logs, scheduled jobs, deadlocks, backups, statistics, security, compression, encryption, ...
- Performance monitoring and recommendations: indices, partitioning, query plan analysis, stored procedures, ...
- data(base) migrations between various systems, or to more recent versions
- provide and maintain technical documentation
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support on databases
- You will report on your activities, status, budget and timing to all stakeholders
- Occasional interventions outside office hours may be required, in case of incidents
- You will report to the Data Excellence teamleader.