Our client is a producer of inspection, transport and sorting machines within the food
industry. They are an international company with locations in Belgium, the Netherlands and the US.
For Automated Inspection systems, you will design, specify and test major components and subsystems from the initial concept to production phase. The Mechanical Engineer is able to plan, direct, coordinate and at times perform activities involved in fabrication, operation, application and
installation. You will challenge your technical skills to come up with the best solution related to the design, manufacture, reliability and function of equipment. You are able to work in a multidisciplinary team to create the best solutions for Key Technology.
The main tasks of Mechanical Engineer are:
- Designing mechanical or electromechanical components and subsystems.
- Working with the Manufacturing Engineering group to develop methods and processes for the manufacture of components and subsystems.
- Direct contact with suppliers on specification, development and application of purchased parts.
- Working with the quality control group to make sure parts are to specifications.
- Developing quality plans for parts.
- Traveling to customer sites to install beta test components and subsystems.
- Developing and implementing functionality and reliability tests of designs.
- Designing special test equipment or fixturing for reliability and functionality tests.