Degroof Petercam is a reference independent financial institution, serving private, institutional investors and organizations, based on a history dating back to 1871. They are headquartered in Brussels and employ 1400 professionals through offices in Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Switzerland, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Hong Kong.
Our client benefits from best in-class services through the unique combination of private banking, institutional asset management, investment banking (corporate finance and financial intermediation) and asset services. They manage assets of over 52 billion euro for private investors and families, corporates, public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies, governmental and non-profit organizations.
Within their business unit, Degroof Petercam Asset Management, they are looking for a m/f Legal Counsel to reinforce their team.
In this role you will :
- Steer jointly with Head of Legal and guide from a legal point of view the development and implementation of different projects;
- (related to restructuration of funds managed by Institutional Asset Management, regulatory projects, and projects related to the institutional portfolio management);
- Support the pan-European distribution of investment funds.
- Advise and support management in the planning, development and execution of the company’s business in line with policies, strategies, standards and best practices of laws and regulations;
- Develop, review and make recommendations to proposed contracts, legal forms, letters, licenses and all legal documents to provide clarity and anticipate legal risks;
- Maintain good relationships with the regulatory authorities (FSMA) and represent the company at the Belgian Asset Management Association (BEAMA);Monitor the regulatory and legislative evolution with a focus on investment funds related topics;
- Organize training sessions and keep informed the fund and institutional portfolio managers concerning legal evolutions.
- Ensure that legal opportunities and needs are effectively identified, anticipated, assessed and managed in a business-oriented manner in line with local laws, regulations and best professional practices;
You will report to the General Secretary & Head of Legal of Degroof Petercam Asset Management and be part of the legal team.
- You hold a Belgian Master in Law;
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience as a lawyer and are familiar with banking & finance law or worked in a similar position in the banking & finance industry. Experience with fund-specific regulations, MIFID, AIFM and/or UCITS is considered a plus. You are an expert of willing to become one;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and a have a good knowledge of French;
- You are highly motivated and are able to integrate quickly in a new environment;
- You are able to work autonomously and you are a great team player;
- You work solution oriented, organized and pro-active;
- You are an analytical thinker with sound business acumen, objectivity and accountability;
- You have the ability of translating complex theoretical principles towards the practical implications for the asset management business;
- You have the ability of building up good interpersonal relationship and like to work in close partnership with the people in the business. You are service minded.
By working for Degroof-Petercam, you will join an independent Belgian family-rooted business with 140 years of sound experience, more than 1400 talents, that combines in-depth expertise with a strong collective knowledge at the service of our clients. Our client is behind those who have the ambition to move forward: beginning or established investors, entrepreneurs, institutions, companies and our staff. They believe that words like independence, cooperation, customer focus, ethics, sustainability and entrepreneurship are not just words.
Our client thinks that it is not the size of a company that makes it great, but its human values and the accessibility of its people. They are committed to invest in their people and in the best workplace in order to attract and retain top talent and to produce the best work. You will be working in a pleasant team and environment and there will be room for personal development. Our client offers you a competitive salary and benefit package.