Nu Skin Enterprises is a fast growing US based company, quoted on the New York Stock Exchange. When Nu Skin was founded in 1984, the founders had one major goal. To make people feel young and energetic at any age! With this thought in mind, the anti-aging line of Nu Skin was born.
Continuous innovation led the company to success and it didn't take long until Nu Skin expanded its range of products with food supplements, cosmetics, hair products, oral care products, and more products to nourish the skin. Our products are specifically developed so that you can 'Discover the best you', from the inside out or from outside in.
Nu Skin is a direct selling company that is internationally active in North America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Pacific region. Through our global network of sales leaders our products find their way to you!
Legal Counsel WEU and CEU
You will be reporting to the Regional Counsel EMEA and working in close collaboration with the local management team. You will serve as legal expert in Western and Central Europe, Israel and South Africa, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and industry regulations. In this role, you will have a dotted reporting line to the Vice Presidents Marketing and Sales WEU and CEU.
• Ensuring compliance with legal requirements for doing business in the markets of responsibility, with a particular focus on France, Germany, Italy, Spain and South Africa (eg. authorizations for doing business in a particular market, regulatory and insurance requirements, obtaining certificates, …)
• Providing strategic legal guidance to the local management for business initiatives and questions arising from all departments such as sales leadership and restructuring projects
• Bringing a legal perspective, and providing general legal advice to the local management on ad hoc projects
• Drafting, reviewing, updating, offering support in negotiating bespoke commercial agreements and follow up on execution
• Monitoring legal developments in direct and distance selling in all markets of responsibility and active participation in the local Direct Selling Associations’ meetings and conferences
• Assisting in legal issues related to distributor compliance (eg. social media, e-commerce, advertisement, consumer protection, anti-trust regulations, privacy, …)
• Preparing legal education and training materials, guidance notes and reference materials for non-legal colleagues and distributors
• Reviewing internal and external sales aids and marketing literature to ensure that they meet the legal and regulatory requirements and Nu Skin standards
• Handling complaints of distributors and consumers; managing litigation and coordinating the use of outside legal counsel as the case may be
• Working with the Regional Counsel EMEA on various legal matters as requested
• Master in Law
• 5-8 years of relevant experience as a lawyer in a reputable law firm and/or as legal counsel in an international company
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal, and a fluent knowledge of French and Dutch
• Knowledge of German and/or Spanish is an asset
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• You are able to apply the law to novel situations and to demonstrate the ability to find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues where appropriate
• You are able to communicate effectively in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment
• You have strong analytical skill and are able to capture and understand the essence, needs and challenges of the business
• You have an open, unprejudiced and international mind; you are capable of building strong working relationships
• You are assertive, self-confident and a true team player, and at the same time you are able to work autonomously
• You work well and effectively under pressure, are able to prioritize and are pro-active when appropriate
• You are willing to travel if necessary (approximately 5-10 % of the time)
A company in which you can grow