We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a wide range of career opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
Lead engineer piping
As Lead engineer piping, you will be responsible for the engineering of piping and valves in investment projects at BASF Antwerp as well as for the development of the layout for these projects.
- You will develop concepts for projects, collaborate with the project team and the internal customer, set up a budget and organize the detail engineering with engineering contractors.
- You will be responsible for scope, budget and time schedule of the projects assigned to you, as well as the coordination and quality control of the detail engineering contractors.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for
- You have a master's degree in mechanical engineering and you have expert knowledge in the field of piping and layout engineering for chemical installations.
- You have basic knowledge of calculations of pipelines, as well as of piping materials and you are motivated to build up or to further extend your knowledge in this area.
- Working methodically and paying attention to detail, you have a strong sense for project work.
- Team spirit, leadership and excellent communication with the customer and with engineering contractors are essential skills for this position.
- Finally, you are fluent in Dutch.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.