ENGIE Fabricom is the benchmark in innovative multitechnical facilities and services for the infrastructure, buildings, industry, energy and oil & gas sectors. Its expertise covers a wide range of disciplines, including electricity, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, piping, automation and maintenance. ENGIE Fabricom and its subsidiaries in Belgium and Luxembourg together have 5,400 employees who contribute towards improving energy performance, sustainability and quality of life.
ENGIE Axima, ENGIE Fabricom and ENGIE Cofely (in Belgium and Luxembourg), ENGIE (in the Netherlands) and their subsidiaries together form the Benelux division of ENGIE Services. They operate as separate units, but work together commercially and operationally to meet their customers' needs for multitechnical services as efficiently as possible. Altogether, they have 22,000 employees.
ENGIE Services is a business line of the ENGIE Group, which has some 100,000 employees.
ENGIE Fabricom is a major player in the growing European offshore windfarm Sector. Constantly seeking innovative solutions, we developed the multidisciplinary concept of the Offshore High-Voltage Substation (OHVS) to optimize exporting power generated by a wind farm. Our capacity to take an OHVS project from the initial feed studies through to operation and maintenance and to deliver on-time has greatly contributed to an increasing number of wind farm investors calling on our involvement.
For our Offshore Division, located in Hoboken, we are looking for (m/f): Lead Engineer Electrical.
Lead Engineer Electrical
- you are the specialist within the electrical discipline
- you will be responsible for the overall design of the project within your specialism
- you will focus on the integration of electrical low voltage systems and their integration in the OHVS top side
- you provide technical specifications, maintain contact with suppliers, oversee new developments and perform the necessary background studies
- in addition you will also supervise, assess and coach system engineers on technical issues
- you will execute electrical engineering in 4 engineering phases: conceptual engineering, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production/fabrication support
- you will supervise a small team of electrical engineers and monitor quality. Assess inputs from the other engineering disciplines, suppliers and subcontractors
- you will prepare preliminary single-line diagrams, preliminary load-balance, outfitting arrangements, panel and cable tray arrangements, part lists
- you will perform calculations for certification
- you will support in client, certifying authority and national authorities' approval process
- you will prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- you will coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors
- you will organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with the other engineering disciplines
- Bachelor or Master in electrical engineering
- communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value
- able to manage good relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE Fabricom’s interests
- leadership capabilities: experience in supervising a small team (engineers)
ENGIE Fabricom offers you
Working at ENGIE Fabricom is a challenge that opens up opportunities to participate in exciting projects in various sectors of activity. You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies. You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency. Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation.