The domain of nanomedicine is receiving moreand more attention and possesses an enormous potential for a plethora ofpathological conditions, including cancer. One of the main advantages ofnanomaterials is the ability to combine multiple modalities into a singleplatform, because of which the nanomaterials can simultaneously be used fordiagnostic and therapeutic applications, and multiple therapeutic options canbe used at the same time. The major bottlenecks impeding the full exploitationof nanomaterials for biomedical purposes is the need for a higher level ofselectivity in terms of targeted delivery of the nanomaterials to the site ofinterest along with the development of novel, alternative therapeutic options.These topics are the main focus of the research group.
- Performing cell culture duties and preparingsamples for microscopy and flow cytometry.
- The applicant will work with various mousetumor models. This work will involve IV and subcutaneous injections, dissectionof the mice and the processing of the various organs.
- The applicant will be willing to learn andcarry out optical imaging experiments.
- The applicant will be responsible for theuse of the imaging and flow cytometry equipment and will oversee its properuse, including some administrative tasks.
- The applicant will be responsible forproviding practical support to collaborating research groups interested inusing the above-mentioned equipment.