The Junior SOM Engineer manages efficiently supply risk escalation in line with the company and customer requirements by providing the standard tools, systems and work processes for efficient and accurate use over all ASCO sites and builds long term relationships and development with strategic suppliers using one voice from the different Operating Unit’s and plants.
1. Escalation : Visualise and quantify supply risks, draw action plans for supply improvement, in line with production and customer expectations and build recovery plans and counter measures for supply risk elimination and coordinate actions with internal experts (buyers, SQA, Logistics…).
2. Supplier performance measurement and follow-up : Perform Supplier performance assessment to identify (non) tangible risks and opportunities for supplier development.
- Perform supplier audits (logistics, security, capacity and quality)
- Compile audit reports and corrective action lists
- Build supply chain dossier containing manufacturing process, lead times and supply risks in order to build supplier knowledge and history.
- Perform capacity and risk assessment at suppliers.
3. Coordinate Supplier (re)sourcing activities : Assess and evaluate manufacturing and logistic process of potential new suppliers in supplier selection phase in order to achieve successful transfer of work.
4. Supplier Development : Continuously develop the performance of the strategic suppliers nominated on management level for mutual company benefits and added value plans.