12 van 48Volgende
Play a significant part in making MHI Vestas’ offshore activities even safer
Do you have practical experience with and great knowledge of safe operations of electrical and mechanical systems? Are you highly safety-focused, and do you have good interpersonal skills enabling you to influence and motivate your colleagues to put safety first in everything they do?
We are looking for a new Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR) Authorising Engineer to join our Electrical Operations department. An international department dedicated to keeping our turbines running and our colleagues safe.
Your work location is flexible, and you will have the opportunity to work from your home location mixed with onsite support at our office located in Oostende, Belgium. In addition, your work will take you across Benelux and Europe traveling for training, department activities and support to the MHI Vestas Operations organisation.
As the WTSR Authorising Engineer, you will be a part of the Service Site Management team supporting the service organisation with technical insight and ensuring that activities are conducted in a safe manner in line with electrical safety standards and best practices in the industry.
You are expected to join our offshore service teams on the wind turbine in preparation works and for assessment of technicians when assisting in authorisations panels.
WTSR Authorising Engineer
Tasks & responsibilities: You will…
…ensure a safe environment on MHI Vestas’ offshore windfarms in Benelux by supporting the implementation, enforcement and maintenance of our Safe System of Work (SSoW) and Electrical Safety Standards. Authorised under MHI Vestas WTSR as Authorising Engineer to support with the Control of Hazardous Energy/Electrical Safety program for the Service site in your region. You will support in the implementation of new safety procedures and make sure that all personnel are trained adequately. In mechanical-/electrical-related safety and operation issues, you will provide technical support to the site management and technicians.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all documentation and record-keeping associated with the Control of Hazardous Energy/Electrical Safety program is up to date, and that it follows local procedures and requirements.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance to MHI Vestas Health and Safety Management system
- Electrical and mechanical operations
- Liaise with Operational Controller(s) on WTSR documents related issues
- Input to Monthly Customer Report
- Servicing the customer to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Review and approval of Service Procedures (Method Statements, Work Instructions, SIIs, SIFs) and Risk Assessments
- Verification of Points of Isolations and Safety Precautions to achieve “Safety from the System”
- Onsite WTG technical and WTSR support
- Review specialist tools for the sites including managing the Approved Tools List
- Conducting on site MHI Vestas WTSR training/induction
Skills & experience: Our new colleague…
…has in-depth knowledge of and at least 3 years of practical experience with electrical safety combined with experience working as an Authorised Technician (WTSR). It is important that you have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, enabling you to influence your colleagues and motivate them to put safety first in all aspects. You have relevant technical and operational experience working with either Vestas or MHI Vestas wind turbines, and you have good knowledge of WTSR, HV Safety Rules, similar Safe Systems of Work, supporting procedures and documentation.
We expect that you:
- Hold a qualified electrical education, i.e. electrical/mechanical engineering at Graduaat or professional bachelor’s level, or another relevant education in the field of electrical engineering at diploma/bachelor’s level
- Have a structured and systematic approach to problem-solving
- Are a self-starter and a fast-learner
- Can lead and direct a team
- Have knowledge of EN 50110-1 Operation of Electrical Installation/EAWR and other European standards applicable for the Benelux
- Are a confident user of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Have excellent English skills and are comfortable presenting to an audience in English
- Are fluent in Dutch (written and oral)
Join us if you…
...would like to work in an international and ambitious company where we work shoulder to shoulder every day to become the global leader in the offshore wind market. You will be part of a dedicated team in an organisation characterised by being ambitious, innovative and professional.
In Electrical Operations, we offer you:
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- The opportunity to create a safe work environment
- A flexible work environment with opportunities to work from your home location
We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. In case you have questions about the position, please contact Manager, Site Support & Electrical Operations, Søren Storm Madsen, on +45 5084 7623. Your official work location will be Oostende, Belgium, but your actual work will take place at our sites primarily across Benelux. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible using the link on this page. We treat all inquiries confidentially.
Anderen bekeken ook
De job werd bewaard
Je kan je bewaarde jobs terugvinden onderaan deze pagina, maar ook op de homepage en in Mijn Jobat.
Wil je ze ook op andere toestellen kunnen bekijken? Meld je dan aan.
Nog 11 dagen om te solliciteren
- Functietype: Projectleider, technisch verantwoordelijke
- Sector: Energie, Milieu en veiligheid
- Oostende (standplaats)
- Alle vacatures bij MHI Vestas Offshore Wind Northwind
- Professionele Bachelor (Hoger Onderwijs Korte Type)
- Minstens 2 jaar ervaring
- Nederlands, Engels
- Onbepaalde duur
- GSM & smartphone