At DEME, we work together on the cutting edge of technology in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Through our activities in the dredging, off-shore, infrastructure and environmental sectors, we work to bring tailor made solutions to our customers’ projects helping them to be safer, more cost effective and sustainable. Now you can help us to plot a course into the future of maritime engineering on your DEME journey as a site superintendent
As a site superintendent, you are responsible for the operational execution of our projects on-site. Reporting directly to the project manager, you’ll be supported by a team of site superintendents and project engineers.
Your focus is on the big picture: planning and optimizing the performance of the works, client communication, QHSE, time and budget compliance are all your responsibility. You’ll also be coordinating other superintendents and project engineers to ensure the day-to-day runs smoothly. The whole team works together towards DEME’s vision of a sustainable future.
- You have a master’s degree in (civil) engineering, preferably with a specialisation in construction, or the equivalent by experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with complex engineering projects is required.
- You can work autonomously and are a natural problem-solver.
- You have a hands-on mentality.
- Teamwork is one of your strongest values.
- Working abroad on one of our projects for a longer period of time is no issue.
- English is our common language. Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
What you can expect:
Where Next? Excited? Want to know more about working for DEME or check out our other positions? On April 22nd, we’ll be inviting candidates who’s skills and experience match our available roles to our Career Day at our headquarters in Zwijndrecht, Belgium so you can learn more about what it’s like to work at DEME and we can get to know you better. It’s possible that within 7 days, you’ll be offered a contract to embark on your DEME journey.
- No two days the same: With projects all over the world across multiple sectors, there’s always something new to add to our 140 years of know-how.
- Awesome colleagues: An amazing, international team fully dedicated to exploring new horizons, together.
- An environment where you can flourish: The perfect combination of the freedom to make the role your own and collaborative, supportive teamwork.
- Continuous development: a training pathway that allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- Exploration: The opportunity to develop and explore your own horizons with locations across the globe.
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance.
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.
Sign up for our Career Day here and start your DEME journey!