The Marine Design and Engineering Department (MDED) provides in-house design and engineering services related to floating objects. We innovate to make our fleet and machinery capable to do more than standard and push the boundaries of what can be achieved with them. Every project is different and every single time the optimal configuration is determined. If it does not exist, we make it ourselves!
Senior Structural Design Engineer
As a Senior Structural Design Engineer within MDED, your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leading project teams (task distribution, planning, managing engineering team);
- Mentoring Junior Engineers;
- Providing technical expertise to other projects and related departments (e.g. following an outsourced project, design reviews);
- Reviewing both internal and external reports for technical correctness;
- Design of equipment and steel structures for ships and offshore structures in 2D & 3D from initial design to production drawings;
- Strength calculation and reports of equipment and steel structures by both hand calculation and Finite Element Analysis;
- Consultation with internal departments to determine design constraints (operating conditions, design life, functionality etc.);
- Follow-up of production drawings and offer technical support to CAD designers;
- Executing feasibility studies.
You have experience with 2D & 3D design as well as experience with Finite Element Analysis and the technical knowledge for supporting hand calculations. Working knowledge of steels and DNV/BV standards are essential; other metallic materials are an asset. Experience with PTC Creo Elements, PTC Windchill and Ansys Mechanical are an advantage.
- Individuele hospitalisatieverzekering
- Tussenkomst openbaar vervoer
- Extra-legale vakantiedagen
- Through the JDN-Academy, we offer you a permanent training trajectory, starting with a 4 to 5-week training.
- A caring culture: our FIT-programme allows us to monitor your well-being. The programme is centred around exercise, food and a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make a difference together with your colleagues and to distinguish yourself through your creativity, innovation and durability.
- By assembling multidisciplinary teams tailor-made for each project, we aim at always having the right person in the right place.
Dit adres kon niet gevonden worden.
Er kon geen route tussen de twee adressen gevonden worden.