Professor Clinical Immunology
- Instituut voor Tropische Geneeskunde
- Onbepaalde duur, Voltijds
Professor Clinical Immunology
The “Clinical Immunology Unit” headed by this professor will develop a competitive research agenda and bring added value to the already existing research lines in the clinical, biomedical and public health sciences. The unit will also increase the critical mass of competences in immunology at ITM, and collaborate closely with the new unit of Experimental Immunology in the Department of Biomedical Sciences, and with the Department of Public Health.
- Setting up a competitive research agenda in the field of immunology of tropical infectious diseases in Belgium and in low and middle-income countries
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with researchers at ITM, and colleagues nationally and internationally
- Attracting external research funding and strengthening the visibility of research in the department/ITM
- Teaching in the field of immunology at post-initial master’s and PhD level, as well as various specialized short courses.
- Supporting immunological activities in multidisciplinary research projects in clinical, biomedical and epidemiologic projects.
- Executing line management duties as head of the unit.
- Reporting to the head of the department of clinical sciences
- Contributing to the departmental and institutional policy development
- Clinical service delivery is not part of the assignment but can be considered.
- be a holder of a PhD.
- have a strong academic track record of grant writing, PhD supervision, project management and scientific output.
- is fluent in English, quality-oriented, and has a team-focused emphatic personality and affinity to work internationally in resource poor contexts.
- Experience with immunological studies in resource-constrained settings is an asset.
- A fulltime tenure appointment in the initial rank of assistant-, associate- or (full) professor, depending on your qualifications.
- A salary according to the scale of the ITM and the Flemish universities including benefits such as extra-legal pension plan, public transportation or bike compensation and meal vouchers. ITM also offers an immigration and relocation assistance package
- The ITM hosts different academic groups interested in immunology-based investigations and provides instrumentation such as flow cytometry and single cell sequencing, international collaborations, a motivated team of physicians specialized in infectious diseases and access to a diverse patient population.
- The ITM currently has a range of active research partnerships and collaborations in range of countries worldwide that would be potentially accessible for studies.
- A stimulating international environment in the historic bustling and family-friendly city of Antwerp.
Dit adres kon niet gevonden worden.
Er kon geen route tussen de twee adressen gevonden worden.
De job werd bewaard
Je kan je bewaarde jobs terugvinden onderaan deze pagina, maar ook op de homepage en in Mijn Jobat.
Wil je ze ook op andere toestellen kunnen bekijken? Meld je dan aan.
- Onbepaalde duur
- 18 augustus
Ontvang per mail jobs op maat
Ontvang nieuwe 'Klinisch onderzoek' jobs in Antwerpen & Haven meteen in je mailbox.