2 van 20Volgende
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Molecular Modelling Engineer (m/f)
Total aims is to become the leading provider of responsibly-sourced energy. Developing technologies that will enable the provision of energy and solutions accessible to all lies at the heart of our vision.
In a constantly changing world, our ability to identify and develop innovative technologies and processes has never been more crucial. This is the role that the Research & Development department plays within the Chemical Refining (Raffinage Chimie; RC) Division.
More than 300 researchers located in two centres (France and Belgium) combine experience with technical skills and work on a daily basis to prepare for production on our industrial platforms.
Increasing the use of natural gas - which emits less CO2 - and sustainably sourced raw materials, optimising the value of our industrial sites, developing new polymers, making plastic recycling possible and profitable, and reducing the environmental footprint of our activities are the major challenges of our research.
The Molecular Modelling Engineer will set up a Molecular Platform in charge of the technical support for Molecular Modelling to R&D Engineers (implementation of new tools, external collaboration follow-up, specific calculations linked to catalyst developments,…). She/he shares expertise and proposes development roadmaps aiming to boost the use of new methodologies inside the organization.
* Set-up the molecular modelling platform at R&D RC ( connections to supercomputers, implementation of new tools softwares, set-up external partnerships…)
* Provide technical support for Molecular Modelling to R&D engineers.
* Implement new Molecular Modelling methodologies/techniques within the team.
* Promote the use of molecular modeling within R&D RC.
* Coordinate molecular modelling training sessions (effective communication to a broad audience).
* Perform technology watch & intelligence. Write report summaries & conclusions.
* Coordinate research projects & partnerships. Supervise PhD's and trainees.
* Be an active research scientists by representing Total through the publication of peer-reviewed papers in international top-tier journals and by participating in major international conferences.
Strong skills in DFT and molecular dynamics. Good knowledge of Gaussian, VASP,… tools/softwares.
Some background in R&D linked to organometallic chemistry or/and inorganic catalysts is a plus.
Good communication & listening skills
Skills in transversal management
Fluent English is required, French is a plus.
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* An evolution of attractive career allowing to immerse you in a new job, a new activity and a new culture.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.
Anderen bekeken ook
De job werd bewaard
Je kan je bewaarde jobs terugvinden onderaan deze pagina, maar ook op de homepage en in Mijn Jobat.
Wil je ze ook op andere toestellen kunnen bekijken? Meld je dan aan.
Nog 49 dagen om te solliciteren
- Functietype: Wetenschapper
- Sector: Chemie en Pharmacie
- Alle vacatures bij Total
- Engels, Frans
- Onbepaalde duur