We are looking for a Lead Design Engineer (Offshore Wind) for Hoboken.
In the context of the Offshore Services division strategy and within the set framework, the Lead Design Engineer, is part of a team of design engineers who are focused on the design of Offshore High Voltage Substations (OHVS).
In this role you work in multi-disciplinary project teams and are responsible for the 3D and 2D design works related to the EPC delivery of an OHVS.
Find out more about what this job at Equans consists of!
- structuring and planning the design works related to a project but also support and take up specific design works within the project
- divide the project work over a team of design engineers in collaboration with the Team Lead of the design office
- 3D modelling:
- creating and maintaining the 3D model of the OHVS, including modelling of:
- cable management
- secondary steel construction i.e. supporting
- 2D drawings:
- creating 2D drawings and relevant lists for the design and construction of the OHVS, including:
- general arrangements
- equipment lay-outs
- cable management lay-out
- inspections/site follow-up & interfacing with stakeholders:
- participation in steel inspections at the Joint Venture partner’s fabrication locations as well as inspection on the Hoboken yard during the construction of the OHVS
- interfacing with the relevant project team and internal stakeholders:
- design office from JV partners
- project engineers
- Project Engineering Manager
- Construction and Commissioning teams
- Team Lead design office
- Work Preparation and Construction project team
- prepare as-built, including:
- taking in-field measurements (if required)
- preparing as-built documentation
- internal contacts: other departments
- external contacts: suppliers, clients, subcontractors, JV partners
GSM & smartphone
Internetvergoeding / Abonnement
Want to tackle tomorrow’s multi-technical challenges with us?
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of Equans. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies and help customers in the 3 major transitions of today: the energy transition, the industrial transition and the digital transition.
Joining Equans is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- fringe benefits such as eco- & meal vouchers, a lease car, hospitalization- & group insurance, GSM, homeworking, additional paid leave… depending on your function
- interesting training and career opportunities
We are looking forward to meeting you!