Laser Product Engineering Manager
- Onbepaalde duur, Voltijds
Laser Product Engineering Manager
LVD has an outstanding reputation as innovator and provider of laser, punching, bending, shearing and integrated software solutions for sheet metalworking. The company provides these sought-after products and services with state-of-the-art fabrication equipment and integrated customer solutions and helps the customers to grow their business.
The corporate group, with about 1,250 employees worldwide and a turnover
of about 250 M€, ranks amongst the “top 10” players in the global sheet metalworking industry. LVD has been Best Managed Company in 2018, 2019 and
The company has five manufacturing facilities and is active in more than 45 countries following the principle of localized sales and service for each region.
LVD equipment is installed in manufacturing facilities across the globe, with
a base of more than 30,000 customers in various industries, e.g. transportation, industrial and commercial machinery, defense, food and catering equipment, construction, energy, electronic equipment, and medical and scientific.
We are looking for a Laser Product Engineering Manager. The job is based in Gullegem, Belgium. You will lead a team of + 30 engineers in Belgium, China and Slovakia and will report to the Group Chief of Engineering.
- You present new products and new features ideas, expand them into concepts and, if approved, into new products development projects.
- You are responsible for organizing and managing our R&D Laser cutting projects. You work closely together with the project owners and you guard the business case within the scope, planning, milestones and costs.
- You lead, motivate and support the multidisciplinary project teams in multiple locations (e.g. Belgium, Slovakia, China) and you enable all disciplines in the organization, keep the overview and manage towards results. You challenge the (technical) solutions which the project teams put forth to get the best solution possible.
- You actively work together with Sales & Marketing to understand our customers’ future requirements. You take internal leadership and ownership of those needs and make sure that the requirements are met.
- You communicate and coordinate with Purchasing to optimize suppliers and components selections.
- You guide and support Manufacturing and After Sales Service to ensure that the products we ship meet the specifications and perform reliably to our customers’ satisfaction.
- You are a lateral thinker and have a creative mindset.
- You are able to build durable and open relationships with internal and external parties based on recognized authority. You are able to drive, coach, motivate and challenge team members.
- You are an influential person: you can convince others of certain options on the basis of facts and figures. Even without having formal power, you push others to take action. You make firm decisions whenever necessary.
- You show drive and commitment: you use all opportunities to contribute to improvement.
- You focus on important issues, you understand what is important and what is not.
- You have a strong out-side in orientation, show sufficient technical know-how to be a good communication partner for customers & suppliers.
- You obtained an academic engineering degree ( ir. or PhD) in mechanics, electro mechanics, automation or mechatronics and graduated 10 – 15 years ago.
- You have been working in an innovative engineering environment and know how to handle larger projects, as well from the engineering, cost and people management side.
- By preference you have developed experience with laser cutting technology. Alternatively you have experience in machine construction, robotics or state of the art automation.
- You are familiar with the latest developments in software technology.
- You speak fluently English and Dutch.
- You are willing to travel on regular times. As daily contacts with production, procurement and sales teams are key to success, you live within reasonable distance from the HQ in Gullegem or are willing to relocate close to the office.
- A challenging position in one of the leading companies in the industry.
- Exciting career opportunities in an international environment.
- An important role in a privately owned company, where personal development is encouraged and where teamwork, agility, innovation and care for employees are part of the DNA.
- A competitive salary with an interesting package of fringe benefits.
- A company car and / or mobility budget.
Dit adres kon niet gevonden worden.
Er kon geen route tussen de twee adressen gevonden worden.
De job werd bewaard
Je kan je bewaarde jobs terugvinden onderaan deze pagina, maar ook op de homepage en in Mijn Jobat.
Wil je ze ook op andere toestellen kunnen bekijken? Meld je dan aan.
- Master (Licentiaat; Universiteit of Hoger Onderwijs Lange Type)
- Minstens 5 jaar ervaring
- Nederlands, Engels
- Onbepaalde duur
- 27 februari
Ontvang per mail jobs op maat
Ontvang nieuwe 'Projectleider R&D, Productontwikkeling' jobs in West-Vlaanderen meteen in je mailbox.