Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1.2bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide. Trek bicycles are also raced worldwide at the highest level by Trek’s Factory Racing team.
The Accountant will be the ‘go to’ Finance contact for the Trek-Segafredo Racing team and all regulatory compliance in Belgium. We are looking for someone to provide First Class business support, capable and eager to build a strong platform of financial control and compliance in this area of the business, ensuring we are well placed to achieve our ambitious plans.
- Responsibility for the books of TFR operations, including maintaining the trial balance, fixed asset register, intercompany accounts
- Process all AR and AP documents
- Responsible for issuing & collecting competition income and sponsorship invoices
- Month end close responsibilities: accruals, prepayments etc
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Post and reconcile bank
- Ensure income statement accounts are analysed and explained
- Concise presentation of monthly results, financial & non-financial KPIs to the TFR team management and Global Finance team
- Implementation of AP automation software (Basware/ Concur)
- Prepare / oversee statutory accounts
- Prepare all year end schedules for local and global audit
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast
- Prepare monthly P&L reforecast
- Prepare annual budget
- Foreign VAT recovery
- Act as a central point of contact & expertise for financial, regulatory and tax reporting in Belgium for TFR and Trek’s other Belgian entity
- Complete and/or review Belgian VAT and Intrastat returns for both entities
- Support compliance with UCI body that regulates competitive cycling
- Co-ordinate the statutory audit process
- Support a robust internal controls environment including safeguarding of assets and compliance with both external regulations and internal policies.
- Part/Qualified in recognised accountancy body or equivalent
- Knowledge of Belgian tax and accounting regulatory framework
- Efficiency to be able to complete routine tasks in a tight turn around
- Positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to combine empathy with assertiveness and have strong influencing skills
- Excellent attention to detail; tenacious and methodical
- Inquisitive: demonstrates a desire to understand and interact with the business outside of Finance
- Dedicated to continuous improvement; eliminating complexity and streamlining processes
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Able to provide clear and fact-based analysis to support a proposed course of action
- Previous exposure to international businesses and cross border issues would be beneficial
- Familiarity with JD Edwards or a similar ERP system
- Fluent Flemish / Dutch speaker would be highly desirable.
Anderen bekeken ook
De job werd bewaard
Je kan je bewaarde jobs terugvinden onderaan deze pagina, maar ook op de homepage en in Mijn Jobat.
Wil je ze ook op andere toestellen kunnen bekijken? Meld je dan aan.
Nog 30 dagen om te solliciteren
- Functietype: Accounting
- Sector: Distributie en Retail
- Deinze (standplaats)
- Alle vacatures bij TREK BICYCLE CORPORATION
- Onbepaalde duur