Account Manager - Automotive
About the role
For our A-Cords business unit, part of Bridon-Bekaert Ropes Group, located in Aalter, we are currently looking to hire an experienced Account Manager Automotive.
Reporting to our Global Segment Director, Hoisting & Automotive, you are responsible for nurturing our relationship with our customers and growing the business in Europe and Americas.
Your Impact as Account Manager - Automotive
* You develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with major customers and potential new accounts throughout Europe and Americas.
* You translate the overall long-term Automotive segment strategy into an annual sales plan, create account plans, and seek execution and continuous alignment.
* You collect market intelligence (analysis of competitors, suppliers, trends, dynamics...) and provide insights and data for developing both a short- and long-term strategy for the business.
* You are the main contact for clients and therefore are first in line to capture clients’ needs.
* You forward this information internally to play an active role in the product and/or application development and segment strategies.
* You have different and varied stakeholders both externally (e.g., quality managers, engineers, managing directors, purchasers) and internally (e.g., technology managers, quality managers, operations)
* In this role you will need to travel; up to 25% of your time you visit international customers and prospects abroad.
Essential skills & competences
* You hold a master’s degree in engineering, commercial engineering, or business management.
* You have a minimum of five years marketing & sales experience in a B2B context (experience in selling to automotive suppliers is a plus)
* You have experience in value / quality-based selling built on technical knowledge/interest
* You have a background in international business management, international customer-supplier relationship, general business law and contracts as well as international trade practices and regulations.
* You have preferably used CRM and you have implemented customer excellence related tools
* You have excellent communication and people skills.
* You are a highly collaborative, enthusiastic manager.
* You have a history of setting and achieving high standards of performance
* You value and leverage diversity
* You have strong communication skills with a good analytical mindset
* Attitude of “putting the customer in the heart of everything we do
- Individuele hospitalisatieverzekering
- Hospitalisatieverzekering voor familie
- Forfaitaire Kosten
- Eco Cheque
- Cafetaria plan
At Bekaert, we are on a journey to establish the new possible. And to achieve this, we need passionate people that are eager to grow beyond their capabilities. We want people that are brave and willing to explore the unknown, even if it means failing sometimes. People that are ready to bring their whole self to work and are not afraid of expressing their opinions but also value the power of synergies, different perspectives & team spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more about Bekaert visit us: Bekaert Jobs