For one of our customers, an international company, located in Ghent, we are looking for a IT Support Specialist. The mission of the function is to ensure that the firm is provided with the right End-User tools and services at agreed quality and to an optimal cost. At factories, warehouses and small sites IOS (Infrastructure and Onsite Services) also facilitate infrastructure demand collection and delivery execution for IT services through local presence.
As IT Support Specialist you:
- provide support to the business in using applications and services, and contributes to maintaining and operating our end user and onsite services.
- provide support locally on the campus and will be involved mainly in: Incident management, Problem management, Change management, Access rights management
More specifically you:
- Work to ensure relevant KPI goals for the team they are working with are met for the product or assignment
- Provide the end user the support that is agreed upon
- Provide information to end users in the event of operational disturbances
- Act as action owner of the cases or orders they are assigned to
- Determine and assign correct priority on created or received cases and act according to given instructions
- Escalate cases to other support functions when necessary
- Perform incident resolutions and request fulfillments
- Coordinate problem resolution, support 2nd and 3rd line teams in the problem management process
- Contribute to and drive knowledge management and the documentation of errors and known workarounds
- Follow the requirements concerning Information Security, ensure correct use of security policies and raise security issues where discovered
- Contribute to discussions to improve team efficiency and delivery quality
- Participate in development of new operation techniques and contribute to designing solutions in support
- Coordinate and secure specialized training for specific support tasks requiring unique knowledge
You have a Bachelor?s or Master's degree within a relevant field of study
You have at least 3 years of experience within IT support
You have good IT-network and 'application system landscape' knowledge
You have excellent communication skills to secure the runtime of the global applications on the local site.
You have experience with interacting with end users, technical and non-technical
You have a strong experience in incident management and a strong sense of urgency
you have the ability to investigate, define and resolve complex problems
You are familiar with planning work for a task in a workflow with many domains involved in a more complex environment
You have complete proficiency in English and Dutch is a requirement
You are great in facilitating collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
You get an opportunity to work together with skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will be a key player in securing the runtime of global applications for the site. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside IT services.