Antwerpen - The Boortmalt Group (www.boortmalt.com) is a fully owned subsidiary of Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and employs 300 people. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt produces 1.1 million tons of malt per year, of which 50% is exported to developing markets outside of Europe. In addition, approximately 50% of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. The customers are large international brewers and distillers as well as smaller local breweries all over the world. To support their ambitious plans to grow, Boortmalt is looking for a:
INTERNATIONAL SALES MANAGER INGREDIENTS
Set up and expansion of the Ingredients Business Unit
• You will develop, implement and lead the malt extract strategy as well as any other new ingredients in the future. You will incorporate the company procedures and policies of Boortmalt in the operations of the business unit.
• You will be responsible for developing the company portfolio of customers by building strong partnerships and negotiating long term agreements.
• You will be involved in the set up of the liquid extract production facility. Together with the operations team you will define, optimize and review KPI's in order to maximize the quality of the ingredients, ensuring effective packaging with a clear product strategy, stock management and quality control of deliveries.
• You will take ownership of the P&L's business unit. You will manage business activities focusing on financial and strategic growth of the organization.
• You will set up and define the marketing & communication strategy in close collaboration with the communication manager which includes pricing, branding/identity of the business unit, website, brochures, events, fairs,...
• You look to implement and oversee effective logistics/transport contractual arrangements.
• You will be working closely together with and will report to the CCO.
Result driven and passionate with sound business insight
• You have a master's degree (e.g. economics, sales & marketing,...) with 5 to 7 years' international marketing & sales/trading experience, preferably in ingredients/oils. Experience in the malt extract business/food manufacturing/brewing industry is an advantage.
• An appreciation of global agricultural markets is desirable. You have a good understanding of logistics/global shipping methods.
• You are a sound negotiator with focus on building long term partnerships with clients. You are familiar with setting up a business from scratch with a malt extract market and environment understanding.
• You are an independent and structured personality who displays managerial and leadership abilities and who is able to set the right priorities.
• You are proficient in English and Dutch. Additional languages are an asset.
• You are willing to travel up to 40% of your time.
A bright future within an ambitious and solid organisation
• Boortmalt is a global player with an excellent reputation, known for its expertise and its high quality products and services.
• You will be working in a straightforward company culture where autonomy and sense of initiative are recognized and stimulated. You will get the opportunity to "create your own job" and apply your personal approach to the way of working and the management.
• This role offers you the opportunity to develop a new business unit from scratch and to do business on a strategic level.
• You can count on the cooperation and the full support of a management that encourages the personal development of its employees.