Our client is developing the small scale Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) business across Europe. Focused on developing technical solutions to assist SHV Energy Business Units and end customers in industrial, automotive, and marine sectors, our client is aiming to become the leader in the LNG small scale market in Europe by 2020. To support their growth, our client is looking for a Project & Electrical Engineer based in Antwerp, Belgium.
As Automation Engineer you will be responsible of maintaining, developing, and improving PLC and communication/telemetry systems. You will be part of the technical team reporting to the Technical Director.
• Become an expert on current control panel & telemetry systems.
• Propose a new PLC system with standard electrical equipment that can be easily replicated by electrical companies across Europe.
- Oversee manufacturing and testing of new system.
- Develop manufacturing manuals and procedures to ensure the new system can be produced by several electrical companies in different countries.
- Ensure new system meets European and local regulations.
• Maintain current telemetry (SCADA) system and support developments for improvements, additional features, and special requirements.
• Support GSM communications for LNG customers.
- If required, support Ethernet connection.
• Ensure each customer hardware and software details are keep up-to-date in LNG asset management system (e.g. electrical drawings, software, operational matrix, electrical equipment on-site, and telemetry page).
- Challenge current operational matrix and propose improvements.
• Gather, compare, develop, and test control panel and telemetry options for new LNG applications.
• Provide training to Business Unit, customers, or maintenance/installation companies on LNG systems.
• Develop partnerships with key electrical companies in Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, UK, Germany, Austria, Poland, and Italy.
- Ensure partners meet LNG quality, health, and safety standards.
• Support LNG Satellite Plant projects across Europe by overseeing equipment production and installation and commission activities on customer’s site.