You will manage the innovation/exploitation of the patent portfolio and novel developments in our imaging technologies. Additionally, you will propose our imaging platform to clients in industry and create a program in which both industry and the research groups are strengthened. Finally, you will be responsible for the scouting and acquisition of EU and national projects with a high economic finality.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing the valorization of the imaging platform and the IP portfolio of the FUNCI-Nano consortium.
- Supporting valorization trajectory from research results towards industrial reality. This entails active involvement in writing and shaping patents and licenses, in consultation with KU Leuven Research and Development
- Identifying new leads for research collaborations and new grant application opportunities
- Participating in the development of and collaborating in (European/national) consortia
- Promoting the research and valorization program at conferences, networking meetings and on-site company visits, while further developing the FUNCI-Nano online presence (website, PR, Social network) to create business.
- As a gifted communicator and networker, you promote the different modalities of the consortium, strengthen existing relations and attract industrial partners/users to the technologies developed in the consortium
- Managing new and ongoing research projects with a clear valorization track (scientifically, financially, follow-up & reporting), such as EIT HEALTH, H2020/FP9, eventually in collaboration with SOCs (VIB, IMEC)
- Supporting the individual researchers and interdisciplinary teams to identify the most suitable valorization strategy for applied research results (patent, licensing, spin-offs).
The Innovation Manager will coordinate the valorization program through regular meetings and inform the Management Board of achieved milestones.