The Head of Middle Office secures and maintains the important link between several teams within EDF Luminus in order to ensure a smooth flow of work within the organisation. Most notably is the information sharing and alignement between the front office desk, the back office activities, the IT department, the Finance department, and Regulatory.Three main activities are assinged to the Head of Middle Office to succeed in his / her mission:1. Ensure at all times that the ETRM tool is fully aligned with the needs of Optimisation by modeling the energy portfolio and by providing reports on important indicators;2. Drive change and continuous improvements in efficiency and effectivity by acting as the SPOC for the IT department and as change manager for the Optimisation department;3. Guarantee that all the procedures are in compliance with the organisation's rules and regulations (REMIT, EMIR, MAR…) by taking the role of the Trading Compliance Officer.Fulfilling these three main activities will allow the Optimisation department to grow its footprint and to optimally manage its energy portfolio while remaining lean and compliant at all times.Takenpakket
ACTIVITY I: MANAGE THE ETRM TOOL
• Responsible for the accurate modelling of the energy portfolio in the ETRM tool.
• Ensure that the functionality of the ETRM Tool is fully aligned with the needs of EDFL.
• Accountable for the analyses on portfolio data (scheduled or on demand) so that it can contribute to the decision-making of portfolio optimizers and of higher management.
• Improve and innovate the reporting on portfolio data by implementing a BI tool.
• Produce and / or validate operational reports (daily, weekly, monthly frequencies).
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the various data importers.
• Collaborate with Market Risk to monitor the risk policy.
• Support the Finance department for the budget process (Budget, PMT ...).
• Ensure quality assurance monitoring of the processes implemented.
• Implement checks and tools to monitor the data quality.
• Be creative in finding synergies between the Optimisation department concerning data storage and reporting in order to improve the Performance Management.
ACTIVITY II: CHANGE MANAGER
• Responsible for the roll-out of the BI reporting tool in the Optimisation department.
• Responsible for creating a vision on data collection, centralization, and value creation.
• Responsible for a step-by-step roll-out of BI tools.
• Organize and innovate the relationship with the IT department at all the touching points to translate business objectives into realizable plans.
• Manage the relationship with the different stakeholders (IT, Finance, Optimisation…).
• Be the SPOC for the Optimisation department concerning tickets, SMACs and projects.
• Be the SPOC for the Business Relationship Manager for dealing with business impacts.
• Defend the interest of the Optimisation department during the “Roadmap” phase and in the (Sub-)IT Committees.
• Monitor and guide during the “Build” phase to ensure qualitative and timely deliverables.
• Coach and motivate the project managers.
• Establish new and improve on existing meetings, processes, and procedures for the “Run phase” in order to asses and enhance the quality of the services delivered by IT.
• Lead and coordinate all quality improvements.
• Manage the budget for the Optimisation initiatives not included in the programs.
• Manage dependencies and interfaces between the projects and other initiatives.
ACTIVITY III: TRADING COMPLIANCE OFFICER
• Define and manage solutions to ensure compliance with trading regulations.
• Provide all the necessary means to implement and maintain the different processes for reporting obligations, control, and reconciliation.
• Lead the project to implement an internal trade surveillance system. Define and document its processes for operational excellence.
• Be the SPOC for employees and external parties (such as regulators, markets, and trading counterparties) and the EDF Group regarding trading compliance.
• Responsible for reporting on trading compliance by providing a periodic update at the Compliance Committee and the Legal Compliance Meeting.
• Responsible for reporting on trading compliance to the EDF Luminus Ethics & Compliance Officer for consolidation with the global Ethics & Compliance reporting to EDF Group.
• Lead and coach a high performing team.
• Define and implement the optimal organisation structure and processes for the activities of the team to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Ensure that the team has at all times the quantity and quality of human resources required to achieve its goals in a timely manner.