For our customer, an international company located in Ghent, we are looking for a Group Leader Business Control Freight
Your main responsibilities:
- Consolidation & analyzing of Service Market freight for Gent & EU in the closing of the books. Analyze & explain the change in cost and income from one period to another, perform deviation analysis including bridge reporting.
- The role is seen as specialist on service market freight and should be a key player in analyzing & communicating actions to reach the defined targets.
- You are responsible for the yearly financial plan work and estimates and translation of plans into measureable KPIs.
- You map, define and understand the service market freight process.
- Managing invoice cost control for freight invoices.
- You focus on cost drivers and understand the parameters effecting cost drivers, availability, service levels and customer perception. Know the cost drivers to understand what drives freight cost.
- You create awareness: identifying & communicating what a specific activity costs (e.g. filling degree, etc.) & highlight possible improvement areas. Secure that financial consideration appropriately influences decisions and that financial consequences and considerations are well understood by decision makers.
- You represent the firm in service market freight forums & projects. You are an active speaking partner and freight expert towards concerned people.
- You are an active speaking partner in changes of the freight process when it comes to system and process changes. Develop, implement and secure common financial processes including also the accounting model for freight.
- You Support post calculation audits of business cases.
- You act as an inspiring leader; attract, motivate, develop and retain talent and secure necessary resources to carry out the activities at hand. You lead and inspire the team through strategic focus and reasoning, challenging targets and coaching
- University degree and/or education in relevant field or experience to equivalent level
- You have good leadership skills
- You have the ability to transform data into business information
- Experience in a transportation environment is an advantage
- You are able to drive change, to set demanding targets and to motivate teams and individuals to deliver on set targets
- Proficiency in the English language is required
We offer a challenging job in an international environment where continuous learning and personal involvement are stimulated.