For over 100 years, The Datwyler Group, headquartered in Switzerland, is an industrial component supplier with leading positions in global and regional market segments. Datwyler Sealing Solutions is supplier of customer-specific sealing, closure, and packaging solutions to industries, such as the Automotive, Health Care, Civil Engineering, and Consumer Goods industries. With 20 operating sites and around 6.000 employees, Datwyler Sealing Solutions generates an annual revenue of approximately CHF 750 million. Their working environment is shaped by their values and beliefs: they are entrepreneurs, they bring value to their customers, they excel in what they do and they have respect for others.
Global EHS Systems Manager
Responsibilities and tasks
- You are responsible for developing and implementing a Global EHS Management System and Standard across production plants all over the world.
- You are in close contact with different local plant stakeholders (Site Directors, EHS Managers...) to support them in day-to-day, operational EHS matters.
- You evaluate and review current global and local EHS Management Systems and improve them where necessary.
- You communicate the Global EHS framework to local plants, while listening carefully to their needs and context. You coordinate the flow of information between global and local parties.
- You execute risk management audits and push the Global Business Continuity project to identify gaps in EHS practices. You perform follow-ups with concrete global action plans and assist in the implementation.
- You collaborate on a Global Sustainability Plan and increase awareness on this topic throughout the whole organization.
- You position the Global Datwyler division to internal stakeholders as a partner who is there to support and help facilitate local operations.
- You provide input on priorities of short and long term EHS work, you present it to the MT and discuss which projects to tackle.
- You travel around 50% of your time to 20 plants located across the different continents (Europe, North- and South-America and Asia). You work from one of the Datwyler Sealing Solutions offices in Europe (e.g. Belgium, Switzerland, Italy or Germany).
- You hold a technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent through experience.
- You can present a first experience in an EHS related role, preferably in a technical and international environment with global contacts.
- You have a solid understanding and knowledge of management system standards (e.g. ISO45001 and ISO14001).
- You get energy from travelling up to 50% of your time all over the world. You can work independently and possess good self management skills.
- You are able to adapt your communication style to the different levels in the organization while also keeping the cultural differences in mind.
- You have a positive mindset, are respectful and supportive towards others. You keep functioning when resistance occurs and remain stable in stressful situations.
- You are fluent in English.
What we offer
- You join one of the world’s leading component suppliers active for over more than 100 years.
- You operate in a global working environment. You will meet people from many different cultures, countries and continents.
- You will have a diverse role in terms of tasks: strategic work on Management Systems on global level and hands-on, operational work on local plant level.
- You will be able to have a big and sole impact on Global EHS matters with clear and innovative projects already on the table.
- A clear and well-defined on boarding track with training possibilities.