As a GL accountant you are responsible of general ledger activities within one or several scope (with limited complexity) of accounting, including of your own planning of the daily/monthly/yearly activities, self-organization, performance of internal control activities and reporting activities. The GL activities can be related to payroll, assets management, closing tasks like accrual, financial results, tax and direct and indirect tax reporting (and support of the tax team when needed). You can be integrated in small projects within the scope of activity at design, tests and implementation level.Takenpakket
- You are responsible for the daily operations, the coordination of registration of accounting entries and other supporting financial documents that act as basis for the monthly, quarterly and yearly closings of the general and analytical accounting ledgers.
- You are responsible of the month end closing of your scope of activity and the reconciliation and the follow-up of the evolution of the related GL accounts. You are able to prepare journal entries as needed, make corrections and adjustments to G/L to balance it in preparation for closings and communicate it to your superiors.
- You are able to perform analysis to ensure completeness/accuracy during reconciliation and be able to explain key trends and movement.
- You are responsible to prepare accurate and timely account reconciliation, including investigating and resolving reconciling items and performing balance sheet variance analysis.
- You are able to ensure that procedures and work performed are documented as appropriate (i.e. collection of supporting information and documentation).
- You are able to perform detailed analysis and identify discrepancies and abnormalities and be able to make recommendations.
- You are able, when participating to large size project, to help for project purposes, based on your practical knowledge, when requested by their superiors.
- You are responsible, when participating to small size project, to define the needs, test the development, implement and monitor the solutions with support of your manager. You are able to assimilate and understand new and developing processes within G/L and identify how they can be continuously applied and improved. Working effectively with all team members is key.
- You are responsible for implementing and maintaining processes and internal controls in the scope of activity.
- You are able to collaborate with other finance and/or business teams to obtain and share adequate information.
- Participation to trainings program as requested by the manager