Caeleste is a proud group of engineers, scientists & enthusiasts who create innovative CMOS image sensor solutions. They go the extra mile to create unique & beyond state-of-the art solutions that allow their customers to differentiate in their field of expertise. From within the Belgian office, they collaborate with world-class multi-national companies that shape the market in space, scientific, medical, industrial and life science applications.
At Caeleste, having fun goes hand-in-hand with proudness. By becoming a part of Caeleste, you will be able to experience the direct impact of your ideas and actions, regardless of your role or seniority. To reinforce their team, Caeleste is looking for a: FPGA Engineer.
- You will work on the design of FPGA-based (Field-Programmable Gate Array) hardware platforms used to validate & characterize novel CMOS image sensors.
- Your responsibilities cover a broad scope ranging from FPGA architecture, VHDL-based design & simulation, generation of builds, hands-on bring-up of new hardware platforms in close collaboration with board and software engineers, assist in debug & characterization of new CMOS image sensor prototypes (and production runs) on your hardware platforms.
- Although the prime focus is an FPGA-based design environment, your thorough upfront analysis, documented and first-time-right approach is critical for a quality focused collaboration in a team of experts that depend on your crucial contributions in a project driven organization.
- You will have a significant amount of autonomy and will take up impactful responsibilities in the team.
- Master in (Micro-)Electronics Engineering, Physics or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience with FPGA technology & (Xilinx) tool flow, VHDL design, HW-SW co-simulation, on-board bring-up and debug, while interacting with image sensor experts.
- Hands-on experience with electronic test & measurement equipment.
- Understanding of digital and analog electronics, at board and (CMOS) chip level.
- Capable of working with C# software and Python scripting or other languages.
- Creativity, an analytical mind and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English writing, presenting and customer interaction.
- Accountable & committed quality-focused team player.
- Background in test & measurement of analog & digital semiconductors.
- Background of high speed interface protocols, ADC technology & memory standards is a plus.
- Background in Silicon processing and CMOS technology.
- Background in Optics and Solid-state Physics.
- Experience in image sensors, their applications, camera or instrument design is a plus.
- Experience in electro-optical characterization or evaluation of image sensors is a plus.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.
- A competitive & international context of world-leading companies.
- A technological playground within a mixed-skilled, multi-cultural team of experts.
- A continuous focus on learning at Caeleste University.
- A flexible & pragmatic environment with attention to teamwork and work-life balance.