Create new innovative prototype software tools that support embedded control design.
At Flanders Make we create new methods and intelligent software to support industrial designers of leading automotive and machine companies in Flanders. New methods are needed to automate data handling in complex design processes, more specifically:
Develop & validate advanced software technology
- To automatically generate design concepts;
- To co-optimize the control algorithm and the embedded platform which enable embedded platform engineers to perform a trade-off analysis.
As an expert in embedded and real time machine software, you will;
- Work in a software research team to develop the above stated advanced software technology (frameworks) for controller design on industrial concepts (compressors, active shock absorbers, weaving looms, …);
- Take the lead in the validation and indicate success criteria for the implementation to the team.
More concretely, you:
- Set up the characterization of the embedded software and hardware (objectives, memory and other constraints, execution times, buses, … );
- Are actively involved from conceptual idea generation until the implementation on a working demonstrator;
- Try to prevent possible implementation problems, as early as possible in the research process;
- Validate the new advanced software framework
- Design, develop and test key software components when available.
- Run the code on the ECU/TCU controle units;
- Translate where needed the software model (model based design algorithms) into code (C++).
Experienced engineers will also coach young researchers and lead projects.