USG ICT Professionals engages with IT professionals flexibly. Companies quickly and easily call upon our specialists for short and long term assignments in specialized fields (Infrastructure, Development, Business Analysis & Business Intelligence). ICT specialists find variety at USG ICT, job security and extensive training opportunities. Customers call on us because of our expertise in ICT. Check our website for the latest IT jobs, the latest news and training opportunities. - Join The Network!
Embedded Software Developer
Our client is a Belgian multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, and distributes analogue and digital imaging products ans systems, as wel as IT solutions.
In their dept. located in the Mortsel HQ, they develop printers which are driven via proprietary hardware platforms. Their I/O platform (capable of handling a selection of inputs and outputs) is supported by a LINUX kernel on top of which C-wiretten executables manage the various modeules that exist in the printer. These modules perform activities in the printer in orde to make it work. They handle positioning ans speed control, temperature regulation, but also more complex activities for modules designed for a very specifis functional task. This is why the candidate needs to be charmed by making a machen (their printer). It is he/she who makes this happen.
- Degree : (preferred) master (+5yrs) in (computer/electronics) engineering or experienced bachelor (+7yrs)
- Development using C(/C++) (= MUST and focus)
- Application responsiveness awareness while developing the application, quasi real-time, multi-threading
- LINUX OS knowledge (example : Ubuntu, Fedora, buildroot)
- Hands on experience with ARM-based ATMEL processing devices is a serious plus - drivers/build environment
- Hands on experience with FPGA based micro-blaze processors (Xilinx soft cores, EDK) is a plus
- Some hands-on knowledge of .NET 4.x is a plus (support tools, front end testing)
- Affinity wrt. equipment/technology in general, more particular motor control, sensor output manipulations (example : a vacuum regulating module that uses a set point and various sensors and actuators), interest in overview on a system level - experience code : 8/10
- Relevant knowledge wrt. electronics, digital(/analogue) I/O, hardware interfaces (protocols)
- Measuring, being able to measure/verify what you have programmed (scope, dig. measuring device)
- Attitude : professional; extrovert; team player, communicative, reliable; can speak, read and write English; able to deliver professional documentation
- Language : communication in team is very important : preferred Dutch speaking, if all efforts fail, then together we extend the search (only after my personal agreement please)
- Overall role and search tags : analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation, on-machine debugging, communicating
Employee at USG Professionals?
Talent must be pampered. That is why we offer you a fixed-service contract in exchange for your knowledge and commitment. We also act as your career planner and look for the best opportunities, such as training and growth opportunities for you. In addition to your competitive salary, you will receive a range of extralegal benefits (daily allowance, group and hospitalization insurance, possibly company car, ...).
Would you prefer to work as a freelancer?
In addition to our permanent staff, we work closely with a large number of freelancers. We understand your needs and respond to this by guaranteeing a smooth administration and quick follow-up. We know your resume through and through and will look for the ideal project for you.