Niko is looking for a Director Quality Assurance. The position concerns the responsibility for Quality Assurance and reports to the CEO of the Niko Group.
The Director Quality Assurance is responsible and accountable for the following aspects and deliverables:
1. Process Quality Management
• Design and document the main processes in the company: NPI (New Product Introduction), OPR (Product Retirement), execution of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing), execution of innovation projects. A particular focus of the new implementation of Quality Assurance is the improvement of the NPI process
• Focus on NPI process, its design, training of the relevant departments in the company (R&D, product marketing, project office, Executive Committee), and adherence to the execution of the NPI process.
• Installing KPIs for adherence to processes, in particular NPI, allowing monitoring operational excellence of the company.
• Strive towards a common process of process management in the sites of Niko Group.
• Report operational excellence in its broadest form (not just operations: the monitoring of the key company processes) in a monthly report to the organization (through Intranet) and the management (Executive Committee and Board of Directors reporting)
2. Manufacturing Quality Management
• Lead manufacturing quality department monitoring manufacturing yield and manufacturing key processes.
• Define KPIs for manufacturing outgoing quality and process quality (yield maximization, scrap and rework minimization)
• Report operations performance with benchmarks to past and future performance.
• Focus on introduction of new products in the manufacturing line, their impact on yield, and reduction of ramp-up time to maturity stage.
• Support purchase and manufacturing in the quality management of suppliers. Meet with suppliers and partners as needed in order to set up quality improvement programs or address quality issues/critical situations.
• Lead ISO certification and audits.
• Strive towards a common process of quality management in the operations sites of Niko Group (in particular Servodan in Sonderburg, Denmark, and Niko site in Sint-Niklaas). Travel to said sites to be face to face with key people and creating buy-in for roll out of common processes.
3. Leading the assigned individual Projects
• As project manager, lead projects as selected by management (CEO and/or ExCo). Typically, this will be one project combined with the role of Quality Assurance Director.
• Projects will be selected for having a particular challenge over multiple departments, and can be of the following kinds:
o Strategic Projects (e.g. M&A related, projects installed to reach the strategic objectives described in the Bain 2015 Assessment Study)
o Process improvement projects identified by a process gap and applicable to any business process (can include operations, marketing, sales, R&D, general services)
o Unification projects aiming to standardize methodologies and processes across the Niko Group
o Projects to facilitate digital transformation
o Collaboration projects with external parties (e.g. innovation projects, outsourcing projects, …)
• Your daily workplace will be in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium. There will be visits to other locations of the Niko Group (in particular Servodan in Sonderburg, Denmark; Zublin in Zurich, Switzerland, and Niko site in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium) and to partners in the east.