Niko develops electric and electronic solutions that make buildings work better for its inhabitants. By consuming less energy, by enhancing lighting comfort and safety and by making the different applications work seamlessly together. Buildings with Niko inside are more efficient, can be controlled from a distance and interact within a larger eco-system.
Niko is a Belgian family owned company has its headquarters in Sint-Niklaas (Belgium), employs 750 people and is active in 10 countries in Europe.
The question we ask ourselves every morning: “How can we make your buildings work better for you?”
You work closely with business experts to understand the operational needs (marketing, operations,…) and collaborate with them to identify the relevant data
• You help identify issues and opportunities for collecting data and work closely with other members of the team to define data collection & organization approach
• You apply Data Science tools to solve business challenges
• You develop algorithms and procedures for which you will measure the relevance, performance and robustness over time.
• You work in iterative processes with the business and validates findings.
• You manage and transmit knowledge through appropriate documentation and visualization tools
• You work with other departments and research centres (national & international) to ensure operational use of results.
• You help promote a data& analytics driven culture in the company.
• You setup & coordinate a small data analytics group to support Niko Group in new innovate IoT home solutions
You are passionate about data and statistical analysis
• You have a master degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, …)
• You have at least 2-5 years relevant experience
• You have the ability to translate the reality of business into models and to understand their implications and limitations
• You have experience with advanced statistical modelling
• You have very good programming skills (Python, MATLAB, R, C)
• You have a strong experience in data processing (e.g. data mining, text mining, …)
• You have knowledge of data transformation and data preparation techniques
• You are a continuous learner / Problem solver
• You are results focused
• You are customer oriented
• You have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, on complex projects that involve many different stakeholders
A good salary and a nice package of fringe benefits are just the basis of our offer. Just as important is the fact that you enter a solid company with a clear vision. A no-nonsense company that does what it says, and says what it does. A company that never stops, but constantly launches new quality solutions. A company with fine and open-minded colleagues on who you can build on. In short, a company that supports and challenges you.