For our customer, an international company located in Ghent, we are looking for a Customs Compliance Manager.
The Customs & Trade Management organization is responsible to ensure compliance to customs rules & regulations, and optimize processes to reduce duty costs globally. The team consists out of around 80 employees around the world with expertise in Customs regulations.
In this position you will act as the primary contact for Customs authorities; you explain standards and how you claim to fulfill regulation requirements. You will also assist in external audits & manage relevant Certifications and Licenses (AEO).
It is required of you that you know the rules and keep updated on relevant regulations in the responsibility area. You will work closely with other departments and brokers to ensure compliance to customs regulations.
· Secure an adequate level of Compliance Control by performing internal controls and assessments, post control etc.
· Customs Broker Management activities such as SOP definition & Broker Controls.
· Measure compliance levels in operational functions.
· Maintain accurate record keeping and retention process
· Lead /define and follow-up activities to address compliance deviations found.
· Identify Compliance Risks & Optimization opportunities within responsibility area.
· Perform customs assessments for all sites to support on customs processes improvement and optimization and to find potentials for customs related savings.
· Analyze trade/PI data to find improvement areas, and/or to report to management. E.g. Duty relief processes, PI?s reported from broker etc.
· Cooperate closely with Customs Developers and Master Data Specialists to initiate necessary development or implementation of customs processes within the region.
· Implement processes and necessary routines within responsibility area according to road-ma
You have a Bachelor of Science or Business Administration or equivalent
You have expertize in relevant Customs Compliance rulings and regulations.
As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
You have excellent communication skills.
You are self-motivated, take initiatives to change process and procedures. Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision.
You have solid analytical and problem solving skills.
You like building strong networks/relationships with other departments.
We offer a challenging job in an international environment where continuous learning and personal involvement are stimulated.