Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Since 1843, our goal has been simple: provide tools and solutions that make life easier.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundarylessness. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. And it means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day. It means embedding an environmental, social, and economic mentality into everything that we do; what we call ECOSMART™.
It also means joining a team that has been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Customs Compliance Assistant Europe
We are looking for a Customs Compliance Assistant Europe for our offices in Diegem. You will assist the Senior Manager & Customs Compliance Manager in all functions related to EU Customs Compliance to achieve corporate goals and objectives. You will be accountable for the maintenance of corporate customs compliance, EU policies/procedures and provide guidance and support to the various facilities in the area of compliance.What is the job opportunity about?
- Provide support and all necessary information to properly classify products in accordance with EU laws and regulations
- Maintain European Parts Database in Trade flow and/or Integration Point & commercial systems.
- Manage compliance with documented controls and processes in accordance with Corporate policies and EU regulations
- Provides technical advice to Stanley internal customers on customs matters (tariff classification, customs clearance)
- Support US origin compliance requirements & local audits and commercial invoice issues of European vendors
- Ensure reporting of the Customs Productivity & Cost avoidance file for all of Europe cross businesses
- Support US based Trade Compliance team and US regulatory initiatives as required
- Provide support & oversight to local Distribution Center on export documentation, document retention and ensure accuracy and compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Compliance to EU Intrastat and Customs regulations in all activities
- Support SBD’s Global Supply Chain Security programs (C-TPAT/AEO) as required
- Improve customs set up in our systems, facilitate simplified procedures
- Reduce Custom risk when shipments are imported by Express Couriers in Europe
- Support of the businesses and finance organizations in Europe on all customs matters
- Assist in Trade Compliance audits
- Provide support for all other duties within the department as necessary
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor degree in Law/Economics/Tax or similar by experience
- 3+ years’ experience in customs or related field
- Experience working for a multinational or consulting firm
- Able to work independently with a high level of initiative
- Detail oriented & proficient with Excel, Word, Access and other systems
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong project management skills
Why join us?
- You will become part of a diverse team of engaged employees with a passion for excellence in pursuing great opportunities for themselves and our businesses, all around the globe.
- You will discover a world of opportunities. Our growth strategy means our portfolio is ever changing and you have an opportunity to change too by moving to different business platforms, across country, region and even the world.