In the role of Customer Manufacturing Engineer you are part of the European team that provides manufacturing industrialization related support to the different customers business units. This support is both at the start of a new customer program, as for programs released for production. Related to continuous improvement you are able to capture lessons learned in the different plants and assure that they will be embedded on a European level. Additionally you will also support deployment of the manufacturing strategy via a central managing of the make versus buy process.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Support customer launches: program screening/quote support before plant allocation/make vs buy;
- Assure all manufacturing engineering customer specific requirements are gathered, reviewed and agreed with the project team and CBU;
- Provide manufacturing input for program risk assessment;
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Strategy for selection of the final assembly plant(s) and Nomination of Intra-Company plants (ICY) Make components;
- Drive ‘make vs buy’ process in line with the manufacturing strategy and available capacity;
- Receive on regular base quality feedback from programs in production;
- Communicate lessons learned to process/equipment stakeholders;
- Assure lessons learned are translated into required process/equipment documentation (PFMEA, design rules, work instructions,…);
- Manage customer capacity requests;
- Verify capacity requests from customers in line with the defined capacity management process;
- Develop if required timing and investment plan to meet the additional customer volume requirements.