The Credit & Collection Specialist is the overall owner of all BTC (bill to cash) related activities (credit limit approval, debt collection, cash application). He/she is accountable for the correctness of accounts, forecasts and overall credit and A/R related activities. He/she is responsible for creating, maintaining and providing accurate and timely A/R reporting and analysis to enable management to make informed decisions. They also ensure integrity and consistency of financial controls and systems in alignment with GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Cash allocation on a daily basis
- Customer creation, account maintenance & statement review
- Order release and Bad Debt (eg. setting up accruals)
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles of markets.
- Recommends action on delinquent accounts: makes agreement with customers about special installments to reduce the credit
- Reviews ledgers/accounts to identify unusual/overdue items and selects the correct procedure for action,
- Supports process improvement initiatives (eg. cash flows optimization)
- Will monitor overall BTC performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Provide information on Receivables and Credit Control to various parties as required to support decision making.