This position, part of the Finance department – Controlling is responsible for reporting of EDFL’s gross margin & financial provisions related to upstream (Nuclear, Thermal and Renewables production assets), trading and BtB (both commodity as services) activities. By ensuring that the information systems are up to date, by performing the month-end & year-end closing tasks in co-operation with accounting and mainly by rationalizing deviations against budget and prior years, financial results are prepared enabling the Controller Optimisation & BtB and Head of Controlling to present on a monthly basis to EDFL’s COMEX & EDF Group. In the context of (re-)forecasting exercises, the Controlling Analyst reviews the assumptions made by the business on correctness and provides in strong collaboration with the business the build-up of the EBITDA of EDFL’s upstream, trading & BtB activities enabling the Controller Optimisation & BtB to check whether assumptions are in line with management ambitions.Takenpakket
- Accountable for accuracy of the month-end & year-end close activities related to gross margin of both upstream, trading & BtB activities and initiate manual bookings impacting the reported gross margin of current and prior years and align with the Controller Opt & BtB and the accounting team. A continuous improvement of all closing related activities increasing the efficiency & accuracy of the closing process and the reported numbers is part of the Controlling Analyst’s DNA.
- Lead the monthly reporting of financial results of renewables and nuclear activities for different stakeholders, i.e. EXCOM, Group Controlling and Optimisation & BtB Management Team. Track and monitor deviation analyses on gross margin, volumes, working capital and provisions including prior year effects given deadlines as defined in the monthly closing calendar.
- PMT: the Controlling Analyst reviews and challenges assumptions made by the business and provides in strong collaboration with the business the build-up of the EBITDA of EDFL’s upstream & BtB activities enabling the Controller Opt&BtB to align assumptions with management’s strategy.
- Implement short term as long term cash models in collaboration with the business to anticipate better cash evolution and ensure continuous improvement. Provide variation analyses between different forecasts and actual cash position and cooperate with the business on initiatives to ensure both an improvement in the cash forecasting as EDF Luminus’ cash position
- Generate of bi-annual reports for external audit purposes related to all upstream, trading & BtB activities in alignment with Accounting team. Acts as first point of contact for external auditors to elaborate on all numbers related to the different activities in its domain.
- Initiate and test relevant updates on EDFL’s information systems used for financial reporting of gross margin (SAP BW, SAP FI, SAP COPA) in order to integrate latest developments of EDFL’s upstream, trading & BtB activities (e.g. integration of daughter companies), to increase efficiency and to deal with new accounting rules (e.g. IFRS 15) & reporting requirements.
- Participate to relevant ad-hoc projects and be the SPOC within EDFL for all financial data related to EDFL’s gross margin. This includes but is not limited to the following
- provide relevant data to Portfolio Management (in Optimisation) for hedging of green positions;
- collaborate with different business teams on monthly backtesting of all trading activities and constant monitoring of future outlook on these activities;
- provide an overview of realized margins related to different services offered by BtB department.
- Lead cross divisional projects relating to green certificate collection, wind analysis,…