Ostend - Otary RS NV is a Belgian knowledge center for offshore wind, founded by 8 Belgian partners. Otary RS develops, finances, constructs and operates offshore wind farms (concessions Rentel, Seastar and Mermaid) in the Belgian North Sea.
The 309 MW Rentel offshore wind project is the first project to be developed; construction started early 2017.
To strengthen the team in Ostend we are looking for a (m/f):
Control Room & Offshore Engineer
Be the eyes, ears and hands for Rentel offshore
You will be part of an effective and efficient operations & maintenance team that plans and leads the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the plant. The team monitors and coordinates all works and all offshore technicians, reacts swiftly to alarms and emergencies, and ensures reliability of actual and forecasted availability.
As a Control room engineer you will
• Work on control and planning. Monitor the plant and external conditions (onshore) 24/7.
• Participate in the continuous improvement of the O&M procedures.
• Manage alarms and emergency responses, you will be the first person of contact for troubleshooting.
• Report daily on incidents and non-conformities, log activities & documentation.
As an Offshore engineer you will
• Be responsible for housekeeping on offshore structures, perform inspections, take care of minor maintenance, and provide troubleshooting support offshore.
• Coordinate and be the contact person for all employees offshore, maintenance contractors, PPA contractors and grid operator.
• Enforce HSE rules.
• Ensure compliance with the environment and safety requirements.
You will report to the Operations and maintenance manager.
Strong profile for a job with a lot of responsibility
• You have a technical background (at least a bachelor's degree) in an electrical major, or are equivalent by experience. You have thorough knowledge of remote switching and high voltage systems.
• You have a first experience in an operational environment. Experience in control room operations or in leading operations from a distance is an asset.
• You are organized and deliver work of outstanding quality.
• You are in good shape physically and you remain calm in emergencies.
• You are flexible and would not mind being on-call.
• Safety is top priority; you are a role model for third parties.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English.
• You live near Ostend or would like to move to the area.
A crucial position in a sustainable environment
A unique experience in the offshore wind sector, one of the fastest growing sectors in Europe. The right candidate can count on an attractive salary package in line with your experience and responsibilities including a company car.