We are expanding our team and looking for a Component Planner.
As the Component Planner you will ensure the effective flow of all materials, manage inventory levels, reduce waste, and balance output. If you have a desire to be part of thriving fast pace company that offers challenge, encourages creativity and innovation, we want you to consider Alcon.
Component Planner (m/v)
• Manages the supply requirements of material thru reclaim and purchasing activities. Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to release purchase requisitions to suppliers. Ensures manufacturing material requirements are met in a required manner. Manages material delivery schedule at supplier base, coordinates activities across multiple groups including, Manufacturing, Planning, Engineering,
• Evaluation of supplier performance and solve issues with suppliers in case of deviations in supply.
• Responsible for placing and expediting purchase orders and/or delivery of material to support the production plan.
• Analyze current inventory for excess/obsolete materials. Responsible for maintaining acceptable inventory levels for raw material. Supply internal customers with daily/weekly/monthly updates.
• Oversee/responsible for daily data entry,communication to internal customers , component availability, shipping and receiving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
• Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• You have experience in the areas of Planning/Scheduling/Purchasing/Inventory Management.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Logistics, Business, or Production Management or equivalent
• Experience in the areas of cycle time reduction, process flow and cost optimization.
• Proactive, thorough, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a strong team player.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Strong computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Access.
• MRP system experience; SAP experience preferred.
• You are a true entrepreneur with excellent communication and linguistic skills in English and Dutch. Knowledge of French or/and German is a plus.
We offer you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. Investment in people is a priority for Alcon. We offer a range of possibilities for personal development and career opportunities within the group to motivated, qualified people. We offer you a competitive salary and benefit package. Alcon supports a flexible work-life integration.