Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel, Leuven and Kortrijk, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. This way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
1. Decision & Control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture, and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture, and validation
Cluster Manager Motion Products
To create the Centre of Excellence in Motion Products, you will :
The goal is to drive and accelerate the innovation in the Industry in Flanders, to have impact on Science & Technology, to create leverage and synergy in Flanders Make and beyond. To be successful you :
- Develop / Realise a roadmap which combines the technological trends in Motion Products and the needs of the leading companies in Flanders;
- Build up a research portfolio with a good balance in types of research (from strategic basic research and collective industrial research to B2B contracts), a balance in research and infrastructure projects, a balance in Flemish and European projects;
- Realize the roadmap by successful execution of these projects;
- Valorize technology and competences by business development;
- Coach the growth of the research teams in the cluster.
- Create a team of R&D managers at the universities and the Flanders Make vzw;
- Have a good connection with the companies of your consortium;
- Cooperate and look for synergies with your 3 colleagues Cluster Managers, under the lead of the COO and in cooperation with the CTO and CVO (Chief Valorization Officer).
- You have insights in the trends and technology of Motion Products and experience in research and innovation management;
- You can create collective ambition in a complex stakeholder landscape. You lead by influencing and you can get things done: from strategy to project execution;
- You build sustainable relationships and are the spokesman for engineering managers at companies;
- You believe in the values of Flanders Make and acts upon them.
You create a Centre of Excellence in the cluster Motion Products. You translate strategic choices into research roadmaps and a balanced research portfolio. You inspire and lead managers of R&D teams at the universities and Flanders Make vzw and a consortium of companies.