As part of the study team of the Clinical Pharmacology Unit, participating as Co-Investigator in the safe and efficient running of the Phase I Research Unit and in all of the clinical studies taking place within the unit with the production of high quality data, working in accordance with the Unit’s Standard Operating Procedures and in compliance with applicable law and regulations.
Other Accountabilities and Duties
- To develop a good working knowledge of all aspects of Phase I clinical research.
- To develop a good working knowledge of ICH Good Clinical Practice.
- To participate in clinical activities of the Clinic including the medical screening of volunteers and patients, cannulation, dosing, ECG interpretation, etc.
- To assist in the review and evaluation of data collection during and after studies and to participate in safety reviews.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of the volunteers and patients.
- To develop productive working relationships with customers and hospital colleagues.
- To liaise effectively with all members of the Unit and make a positive contribution towards team spirit in the Unit.
- To comply with national and international laws and regulatory body guidelines, and laws on health and safety at work, fire prevention and other appropriate legislation.
- To make a contribution to the selection, validation and implementation of new instruments, systems and methods.