Dafra Pharma International is a dynamic and innovative international pharmaceutical company that focuses on improving the health of people on the African continent. With a proven track record of more than 20 years of unique and successful cooperation between the African and European continent, our international team of 185 representatives brings reliable, high quality medicines within reach of people who need them the most. Due to continued expansion, Dafra Pharma International is looking to recruit a “Business Development & Account Manager Africa” to join the highly motivated and professional Dafra team in the international head office in Turnhout.
Business Development & Account Manager Africa
As our Business Development & Account Manager Africa you are:
- Responsible for maintaining and consolidating relationships with existing clients and contacts in sub-Saharan Africa and three regions in French Western Africa.
- An active networker who develops new business and contacts for our product portfolio.
- The first point of contact for our local supervisors and Regional Business Managers to coordinate all customer and logistic related issues with them.
- Responsible for tender dossiers for the public African Market and important European NGO’s. You follow up on these tenders by working out detailed and well-founded price offers. To make sure these offers are feasible and sustainable, you closely communicate with our (Indian) suppliers and you frequently visit our African contacts.
- Responsible for the coordination of ad hoc projects and the administrative responsibilities linked to these projects.
- Reporting to our Commercial Director and our Sales & Marketing Manager.
You hold a master or bachelor’s degree in Applied Economics, Business Management, Languages or another related domain. A successful experience in an export or trading position (preferably in the pharmaceutical sector) is required. You consider yourself a first-class communicator with strong social and administrative skills. You have a real problem-solving mindset and a natural affinity with numbers. Next to that, you are fluent in Dutch, French and English and you are willing to occasionally travel to Africa (4 – 6 times per year). Previous experience in coaching sales teams as well as Portuguese language skills are an asset.
At Dafra Pharma you will find an open and inspiring environment with plenty of opportunities for creativity and new ideas. Based in Turnhout, you will work in an international team of motivated professionals and have interesting contacts all over Europe and Africa.