Arval’s total leased fleet adds up to 1,103,835 vehicles throughout the world.
Arval is a founding member of the Element-Arval Global Alliance, the longest standing strategic alliance in the fleet management industry and the worldwide leader with 3 million vehicles in 50 countries. Within BNP Paribas, Arval belongs to the Retail Banking core activity.
We are looking for a (m/f):
BUSINESS ANALYST NORTHERN EUROPEFunction Objectives:
Geographical Scope & Reporting line:
- Apply statistical methods on past observations to analyze and monitor developments on RV (Residual Value) and SMRT (Service, Maintenance, Repair and Tyres) with the objective to provide objective advice on expected developments and cost assumptions.
- Provide solid information to local, regional and corporate management in order to allow Arval to take well-informed tactical and strategic decisions
- Ensure correct implementation of local and Group guidelines and policies concerning RV and SMRT expert settings.
- Act as knowledge expert for local contacts for topics concerning the calculation of all different technical elements in the lease price.
- The candidate will be based in Zaventem, Belgium.
- He/she will report to the Area Manager Asset Valuation Northern Europe (based in Zaventem).
- At first he/she will focus on two countries in the region and ensure proper follow ups and application of the methodologies. In a later stage, depending on developments, geographical scope could be enlarged.
- He/she is willing to travel: occasional travel, (+/- quarterly visits to the country’s Arval offices).
- Residual Value: used car market analysis, understanding and use of statistical model to predict market value of used cars, perform Major Controls for RV Risks, organizing the RV committees, make sure all decisions in the RV committees are correctly implemented and monitoring of RV evolution on new production, outstanding fleet and used car sales.
- Services, Maintenance and Repair & Tyres (SMRT): data analysis, SMRT cost observation analysis, understanding and use of statistical model to predict SMR costs and Tires usage & cost, perform Major Controls for SMRT risks, organizing the SMRT committees, make sure all decisions in the SMRT committees are correctly implemented and used in the pricing.
- Support management on pricing strategies.
- Actively follow and asses the effects from political, fiscal and economic evolutions in the local market on the risk and cost assumptions.
- This function is highly transversal and the asset valuation analyst must have frequent exchanges and collaboration with different stakeholders such as the asset risk department, remarketing department, car data department and the executive committee members.