As an Automation Engineer you develop modernization and automation solutions (DCS) in co-operation with a motivated team. You build up the know-how of automation technologies with focus on control systems engineering and help define and implement the future vision. This knowledge will be used particular in the context of projects such as green field, partial or complete migrations, expansions, upgrades, modernizations, plant modifications etc. In collaboration with the senior automation engineer, following tasks will be your responsibility:
- Provide project support such as user requirements specification, bid evaluation and project execution support.
- You will follow-up on technical (r-)evolutions within the automation market.
- You will explore new technologies/products and assess the benefit for BASF.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from many different production plants and departments. This will allow you to build up strong site relations that will strengthen your future career within BASF Antwerp and globally.
- In cooperation with the System Administrator you will proactively work on Life Cycle follow-ups and evaluate, develop and implement concepts for improvement (LCC, TCO).
- The periodically evaluation, optimization and adjustment of service agreements is your responsibility.
- You will address occurring problems and/or vulnerabilities and you will offer necessary corrective actions and will follow-up on the implementation.