An educational background is not essential but may be helpful in this role. Though we expect similar standards of respect and consideration for others as we would in the rest of the school day, the successful applicant should have the qualities to maintain this atmosphere. BSB students are generally pleasant, pliant and polite.
We would expect the Supervisor to:
- Set the highest standards in terms of creating an environment for students to study and socialise.
- Work closely with Enrichment colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaboration when tracking and monitoring student attendance.
- Be able to interact positively and appropriately with students and build a professional rapport that supports student attendance of Enrichment activities.
- To work from 16:00 to 18:30 Monday to Friday supervising students who are waiting to attend Enrichment activities (extra-curricular activities)
- Be comfortable working with both CHQ and eBSB (those are two software systems).
- Be able to communicate with parents in a helpful and clear manner
- To register and track student attendance daily & across a term
- To ensure a calm, respectful and friendly environment exists for those students who wish to study.
- To ensure students sign out before departing for their Enrichment activity.
- To send follow up emails to students and parents when someone fails to attend.
- To track student attendance and inform parents when failure to attend occurs.
To work and liaise closely with the Enrichment & Secondary Administration teams.The Person:
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.