Manage the Record-to-Report Accounting team:
- Manage and coach the internal team and plans the activities for the General Accounting Specialists, the Outstations support and Bank Recording and Credit teams. Current team size is 9 FTE.
- Manage the budget of the department.
Defines the General Accounting practices, processes and procedures:
- Keep general accounting practices and procedures in line with accounting policies (BGAAP and IFRS) and company policies, and implement any recommendations as required from internal or external audit reviews
- Ensure a continuous improvement on accounting processes in order to shorten the closing deadlines, meet timeline and quality standards from stakeholders such as Controlling, Management and Shareholders
- Ensure a timely recording of customer receipts and appropriate collection efforts to minimize risk of write-downs
Accounting systems and maintenance:
- Take the lead in sustaining SAP together with IT to ensure proper functioning of the system, including the proper use of production, test and development systems and interactions between these.
- Organise the master data and administration rights for SAP in such a way to allow efficient processes in all departments using SAP while maintaining appropriate controls and segregation of duties.
- Manage and organize other accounting systems such as Xpenditure, common drivers and sharepoints,… Ensure correct set-up and maintenance of interfaces to other systems such as AMOS.
- KPI’s to follow up on processes
- Put in place the necessary framework in order for the teams to deliver excellent performance in quality of financial data as a solid basis for the company’s internal and external reporting. Quality is determined as :
- First time right accounting entries
- Timely completion of closing, reporting, auditor’s ‘prepared by client’ list, annual reports and other major reporting deadlines
- No major audit comments
- Bad debt provision and DSO statistics in line with company strategy and goals