Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Since 1843, our goal has been simple: provide tools and solutions that make life easier.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundarylessness. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. And it means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day. It means embedding an environmental, social, and economic mentality into everything that we do; what we call ECOSMART™.
It also means joining a team that has been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
VAT Compliance Analyst
Description de la fonction
As part of the European VAT team, located in Diegem, you will advise & support the business on all VAT compliance related matters.What is the job opportunity about?
- Preparation / review and timely filing of the periodic VAT declarations, Intrastat, EC Sales Lists and EC Purchase Lists for the entities within scope
- VAT and Intrastat data gathering & provide assistance and support to the business and finance organizations
- Preparation of VAT and Intrastat audits (systems, documents, reconciliations, etc.)
- Assist with the applications of VAT registrations within various countries
- Assist with the roll-out of the VAT compliance tool across the business & regions
- Provide ad – hoc compliance analysis and advice as required
- Prepare / review and maintain process documentation for all returns
- Manage compliance with documented controls and processes established under Sarbanes Oxley for VAT
- Background in Accountancy/ Finance/ TAX
- Min 1-2 years VAT experience, preferably in a previous European role in practice
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- ERP Experience preferable (SAP knowledge is a plus)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized & able to work independently
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Hands-on mentality and sense of ownership
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of French, Dutch is a plus
- Extra-legal holidays (+6 for a full year of service)
- Hospitalization insurance DKV for the employee and their family (spouse/partner & living in underaged children)
- Company pension plan
- Life insurance
- Invalidity insurance
- Meal vouchers of 8,00€/worked day
- Development opportunities
- Career possibilities in an international leading company