As VAT Accountant, you ensure a correct and timely submission of the indirect tax related declarations, in line with local & US GAAP standards and internal audit SOX404 requirements with regular internal processes reviews and continuous improvements by automation, simplification and standardization.
* Accurate, timely reporting of VAT and Intrastat declarations and ensure compliance from a VAT perspective:
- Focus on automation, process design and training to ensure accurate and timely reporting and reduce our external consultancy expenses (Knowledge of the VAT compliance program IVAT reporting would be an asset)
- Keep track of changes in VAT landscape e.g. changes in VAT% and coordinate implementation in SAP,…
- Give assistance to Implement the SAF-T (standard audit file for tax) and real time EMEA reporting requirements
- Give assistance to work with EMEA management and global tax department to develop and implement minimum compliance requirements (NS and distributors) in respect of VAT, withholding taxes and social security
* Give assistance to coordinate internal and external audits conducted:
- To ensure timely preparation of information and samples requested by local authorities
- To act together with the VAT manager as contact person for discussions and clarifications asked by local authorities
* Customs compliance:
- Give assistance/guidance and work with the Customs coordinator to ensure the VAT requirements in respect of import and export are met.