Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
The chemical industry is a € 500+ billion industry, providing over 1 million direct jobs and nearly 2.5 million indirect jobs in Europe. The chemical industry is the “Industry of Things”. The industry's products are essential to 95% of everything manufactured: hygiene, health, mobility, construction, computers and electronics all rely on the chemical industry. The sector is also critical to meeting future needs, such as developing energy sources or managing scarce resources. The chemical industry is essential for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Cefic is located in Brussels to represent the industry vis-à-vis EU institutions and involve member federations and companies in European advocacy. We employ more than 160 people.
For its HSSE, Responsible Care & Supply Chain department, Cefic is looking for a (m/f) Transport and Logistics Manager.
Transport and Logistics Manager
Description de la fonction
Mission of the role:As Transport and Logistics Manager, you will manage all issues that relate to the safe, secure, sustainable and efficient transport and logistics of products and raw materials of the chemical industry.
With the support of two Cefic Experts, members-staffed issue teams and networks of expert (working groups), you will be responsible for identifying key logistics policy and regulatory developments and for developing and steering an advocacy strategy and program to address these, taking into account legal, political and company boundaries.Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Provide input and support to the development and implementation of the Cefic strategy for safe, secure, sustainable and competitive logistics and the identification of priority issues;
- Steer and support the Cefic Issue Team Supply Chain and Logistics and expert groups and provide input to the Cefic Leadership Team and Program Councils;
- Provide support and guidance to the Logistics colleagues enabling them to maximise the efficiency of their work;
- Follow-up on the European Transport Policy and the International Regulations for the Transport of Dangerous Goods, develop and steer advocacy plans on issues of importance to the chemical industry;
- Steer the development of best practices guidelines in safe and sustainable logistics and promote their implementation;
- Develop and implement the logistics communication plan, including the publication of guidelines and newsletters, presentations at internal and external events, relations with the press etc.
- Liaise with other industry associations and stakeholders, in particular the associations representing the logistics service providers;
- Manage the Cefic logistics budget and the income from specific services provided to Cefic members;
- Negotiate and follow-up contracts with external service providers.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
Required personal qualities:
- Master degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, economical sciences or similar;
- 10 to 15 years of experience in chemical or related industry;
- Good technical background and excellent knowledge of (chemical) transport and logistics;
- In depth understanding of the functioning of European and international institutions and experience with advocacy at international level;
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinker with service and customer orientation;
- Excellent communication and (re)presentation skills, crisp and to the point;
- Strong project manager, able to prioritize multiple tasks and to cope with pressure and deadlines;
- Excellent English (written and spoken) is a pre-requisite.
- A good team player;
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build bridges, develop consensus and align different views in a variety of settings;
- Apt to work on tight deadlines and to handle multiple priorities;
- Eager to learn and develop new skills;
- Prepared to travel within Europe and exceptionally intercontinental;
- Prepared to live in Belgium (Brussels).