The British School of Brussels vzw
BSB is an independent, fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Our Primary and Secondary schools share a common site. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Students follow a British-based curriculum, including (I)GCSEs, up to the of age 16. At Post-16, they have a choice of three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
Teacher of Business with Economics - Full time, Permanent
Description de la fonction
We are seeking a suitably qualified, experiences and dynamic Business teacher to join a very successful faculty to teach Business Studies - and ideally some Economics - to IB & A Level, and preferably Level 2 and 3 BTEC Business. The Economics and Business Studies Department is part of the Faculty of Human Social Political Sciences which also embraces History, Geography, Politics, Sociology and Psychology.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and all abilities;
- work closely with department colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaborative spirit within the department and faculty and will co-operate with colleagues in other departments and the Primary School;
- be appreciative of, and sensitive to, students’ differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- be actively involved in professional learning within the department, faculty and across the school where opportunities arise, including after-school meetings, relevant courses and professional learning days;
- have good IT skills professionally and pedagogically;
- be enthusiastic about active approaches to learning and teaching & be open to new ideas to further develop their practice and expertise;
- be up to date with global business issues and developments;
- be willing to help develop schemes of work and teaching resources and to contribute to updating the VLE;
- be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social and personal development of students;
- contribute to the Enrichment programme for students;
- be willing to take an active part in school trips, both residential and day visits;
- be willing and able to act as a form tutor.
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract
- An interesting position in a thriving faculty in an international environment
- Excellent professional learning opportunities
- An attractive salary salary (BSB Learning & Teaching staff – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 48.129 and a maximum of € 87.355 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including an hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers and free use of the BSB sport facilities.