Our client is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services they deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. They develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, they play a critical role in building a better working world for their people, for their clients and for our communities.
At this client you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences.
Their Tax department in Belgium counts about 350 employees who render advice in :
The clients’ VAT department provides companies with support and advice on VAT in relation to their entire business. Their focus is on the one hand on VAT advisory in our client’s daily activities. On the other hand, they are seeking operational efficiencies for their clients as well as measures for improving their working capital. Examples include VAT optimization of their real estate, setting up VAT groups, reviewing and automating the VAT set-up in their ERP systems, implementing electronic invoicing and archiving solutions, tax effective supply chain management, … Equally so, their team assists companies in their dealings with internal VAT procedures and exposures. They have clients in all industry sectors as well as in the governmental and not for profit sector.
- Business/Corporate Tax
- Individual Income Tax
- Indirect Tax (VAT, customs and excises)
- International Tax and Transfer Pricing
- Transaction Tax
They are currently looking for a Manager/Director in the domain of Indirect Tax in order to join our Indirect Tax department in Brussels.
Tax Manager/Director ‘Indirect Tax
Description de la fonction
As a senior manager/director in the Indirect Tax department, you need to understand client’s business needs in order to identify a suitable solution and ensure a proper implementation of the projects. Your main responsibilities as manager are:
- Assist and advise clients regarding VAT matters, both nationally and internationally.
- Dealing with a variety of assignments, including participating in meetings.
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other sub-service lines and identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities.
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
- Staying up to date regarding market changes in the VAT landscape, upgrade your VAT technical expertise and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
- Organizing your team in such a way that processes, roles & responsibilities are clear and work is efficiently and equally divided amongst colleagues.
- Coach and stimulate more junior profiles in view of the right achievements and personal development and provide more senior executives with inputs in order to properly proceed to the people.
Our client is looking for candidates who respond to the following requirements :
- Master’s degree in economics/law or commercial engineer;
- At least 10 years of experience in the domain of indirect tax, preferably within a similar environment or in a tax law firm in Belgium or in the VAT authorities;
- Client and market focused and result driven;
- Ambitious with a positive attitude and you feel that the success of the team is equally important as your individual success;
- Able to work autonomously in the delegated responsibilities;
- Able to translate your technical skills in practical solution-oriented advice creating added value for our clients;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to motivate and to build a team;
- Pro-active and pragmatic, stress resistant;
- Excellent knowledge of French/English and a fairly good comprehension of Dutch.
You can expect a challenging position within a leading international company. Our client offers you room for personal development in a modern environment. You can expect an interesting salary package with fringe benefits. You will work on challenging assignments. You will be part of a dynamic team, they will offer you a lot of opportunities to become an expert.