KPMG is one of the world's leading international networks of service organizations in the fields of Audit, Tax, Advisory and Accounting, with more than 138,000 professionals in 150 countries worldwide. In Belgium, we employ more than 1,200 people, spread over seven offices: Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Hasselt, Kortrijk, Liège and Louvain-la-Neuve.
Senior Tax Adviser Customs
Description de la fonction
The fundamental role of a Tax adviser is defined as “developing and implementing commercial strategies that meet the business objectives of clients and have a positive impact on their tax positions.” These days, tax management is an important part of a company's development strategy, and is the key to maintain a competitive edge.
KPMG’s Indirect tax team gives advice on national and international level to businesses and their tax teams on the development and execution of effective indirect tax management strategies. We advice on the indirect tax consequences of entering new markets and undertaking corporate transactions such as global restructuring, mergers, acquisitions and capital reconstructions and Assisting in reducing indirect tax costs and in managing transfer pricing matters and related Value Added Tax (VAT) valuation issues.
- provide specialized advice to clients (including other KPMG practices) in the area of customs;
- participate in specialized industry and service workgroups, becoming familiar with the client's affairs and improving specialist knowledge;
- maintain relations with clients, officials of the Belgian Authorities and with the business community in general.
- assist the audit practice in the review of the tax aspects of its various assignments, under the review and guidance of a member of the management or partners group.
- assist in local staff training, in other client and/or non-client responsibilities and in various administrative and/or organizational functions.
- You have a university degree in economics or law and preferably an additional postgraduate degree in taxation.
- You are in the process of obtaining or have obtained the qualification of IAB-IEC Tax Adviser.
- You have 3 to 4 years experience in indirect tax with a focus on customs and you have specific knowledge to resolve complex indirect tax and customs issues and problems in the context of client's business.
- You have effective communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- You are well-organised and able to meet deadlines.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
At KPMG you are appreciated for your professional skills and expertise. Surrounded by a strong team spirit in an international and dynamic work environment, you will find the knowledge that is enriching for your career. We will provide you a continuous support in your professional development and career opportunities. KPMG Tax & Legal Advisers disposes of the state of the art tools, solutions and support (IT, library, and databases) to allow you to concentrate on the work at hand and maximize your efficiency.